Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer Sparkled Evening Eye...So Easy!

Welcome to Color Elation!

     It is good to be back in blog mode!  I have been away for several months.  Thank you so kindly for joining me today!
     Well...you know by the rising temperatures...summer is here!  When it comes to makeup, it opens up a whole new world for color.  With the warmer temperatures and brighter days, there is no limit to the color spectrum of choices for eyes, lips, and cheeks.  Brights, dark shades, and pastels are all good.  In fact, that is what inspired today's look.  Daytime I have covered.  I have tons of options for that.  But what about a fresh idea for evening?
     For years, my summer evening look has centered around the smoky eye, which I find perfectly appropriate all year round.  I may tune the smoke down a touch, opting for a dark gray, a blue, or smoky green.  But why not take some nearly nude tones in matte and shimmer finishes with a nearly nude glitter, black winged liner, and the flutter of whispy lashes?



     I love the nearly nude quality of the look.  Soft and sexy and flattering on the skin.  It can be paired with a variety of lip colors.  Best of all...it is so easy!  Let's get started!

Prime the Eye Area For Best Results
     A smooth canvas is always best.  Especially when using nude and sparkly shades.  I used Prime's Up Eye Shadow Primer in Natural.  I love its smooth, creamy texture.  It is like foundation for your lids. To create uniform color, I used a skin toned concealer on the same area.  Both available on colorelation.com

 




Bridge Color and Lid Color
     The first step is optional.  I like the soft transition of a bridge color in my crease.  My favorite is a matte cinnamon.  I can apply this full or mid strength, but for this look, I applied it as softly as possible to keep it as nude as possible.  This is Henna.

      The lid color used is a pink brown shimmer...very complimentary to all skins.  With a flat shader, I applied this to the desired intensity on the lids.  This shade is called Mocha.  Mocha and Henna are available on colorelation.com.

Glitter and Liner
     To add evening sparkle, I started with a brush and saturated it with Hard Candy Show Girl's Secret Glitter Glue and patted that on the lid.  Working one lid at a time, I dipped the brush in a generous amount of Wet 'n' Wild Mega Sparkle in Pink Sugar.  It is the color of cotton candy with silver, purple, and pink lights.


     Underneath the eye, I used black kohl pencil to line the waterline.  Under the lash line, I applied a plum purple pencil...Kleancolor Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in Violet.  I set that with a matching loose mineral pigment.  I used Color Elation Single Pigment in Amethyst.
     To finish the look, a jet black liquid liner was applied in a wing and fluttery lashes.  Mascara added the finishing touch.




      This look is less than 10 minutes to create and so wearable!  You can dupe and tweak these shades to fit you but I hope you can try this look.  Please send a response to let me know how this look worked for you!  Thanks for visiting me.  Please subscribe and come again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment